Sunday, April 19, 2009

Green Leaf, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad

I figured after my two yummy dessert recipes, it was time to set a better example for my family. Here are some more health-conscious recipes:

Don't judge this one before you try it! I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I don't know how you can fail with walnuts and Feta, though.

1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 head of lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
1 bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
3 ounces goat cheese (I used Feta because, well, yum)
Salt and Pepper

Combine oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and shake well. Put everything together and enjoy!! This is a South Beach Diet recipe, phase 2 for anyone who cares, but once again, don't judge it because of that.
-by Heidi

No comments: