Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicken Casserole

2 cups canned or cooked, shredded or cubed chicken

1 egg beaten

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Cream of Celery 'cause I can't stand the taste of

canned cream of mushroom)

1 can chicken noodle soup

3 slices day old bread - cubed or crumbs

1/2 stick melted butter

1 cup crushed Corn Flakes

Beat egg and blend in undiluted soups. Add bread and chicken and stir together DO NOT ADD SALT! Pour into buttered casserole dish and top with corn flakes which have been stirred into melted butter. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I know you're saying that this recipe can't be coming from me because there's no added salt. Go figure! Now, I must admit I added a handful of cheddar cheese 'cause, well...it's cheese! It also occurred to me that a smidgeon of sour cream might be yummy too - but I didn't have any and felt too lazy to go get some [doesn't help that I don't have the money for it either - ha ha]. And one final note, to get the FULL caloric effect, the corn flake crumb topping is a MUST. If you don't have anything to make the topping -- the idea for this casserole for supper tonight must be immediately discarded.

Happy Homemaking [or something like that].

Lori

No comments: